Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gluten Free Night at Maceys


Was able to head over to Maceys last night, to get in a gluten-free cooking demo, put on by Sunflower Mills. I have tried a lot of GF mixes in my life, and I have to say, that this brand, is one of my top two favorites.

Now some of you know I run a GF cupcake buisness out of my home, and have struggled to find a good recipe for yellow cake. I have the chocolate, and red velvet perfected, but the yellow cake is elusive. I was hoping SM would fit the bill, but alas, the sample of yellow cake was a bit dry. They assured me that this was not the case if it was made into an actual round. Maybe a key ingredient was left out in the sample.

Anyhow, we were treated to some yummy zucchini cake, cinnamon rolls, corn muffins and the best for last, Peanut Butter Bars, that were made during our class. Those Peanut Butter Bars rocked! If you would like the recipe go to Sunfowermills.com and look for the recipe under the heading recipes or go here

http://www.sunflourmillsidaho.com/Sun%20Flour%20Mills/Recipes.html

Hope you will give these wonderful products a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment