Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gluten free cupcakes in Orem!


Okay, you all,get ready! One of my friends told me that Cupcake Chic in Orem is now making gluten-free cupcakes. Of course I had to go down, and check it out. The owner Trista Millette, said she had customers request them, and after doing some research on gluten free flours, decided to take the plunge. After a couple of tests with different flour mixes, she finally decided on using Utah's Own Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend.

I was so excited too see the shop, and that the GF cupcakes are being kept in a different case than the regular ones. I got to the store late in the afternoon- so the selection was limited. I choose(by default) a wonderful red velvet cupcake. The cupcake itself was very tender, no gritty mouth feel, and the cream cheese frosting was to die for!

I was hoping they would have other flavors to try, but someone had came in earlier and purchased the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ones. Trista said that she will bake one dozen of assorted daily, until she gets a feel for what sells. Her shoppe is super trendy, and check out the cute little take-out box.


Price for single gluten free cupcakes are 2.99. Run, don't walk! Go check it out. You can check out thier blog at cupcakechicutah.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. Trista used to be in our ward! Too cool that she's got a shop now. good for her! And when I'm off the candida cleanse/diet I'll have to try her cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete